Nothing beats the feeling of a hot steamy soup on a cold rainy day. With the temperatures continuing to drop, soup recipes will come in handy. With a host of diseases set to accompany the monsoon, it is necessary to have strong immunity. Containing a whole bunch of vegetables, soups are an excellent way of increasing your vegetable consumption as they are the key to maintain a strong immunity.
Good Soup is one of the prime ingredients of a good living – Louis Pullig De Gouy (Author)
Check out this delicious and healthy soup recipe –
- 1 cup shredded Cabbage/Patta gobi
- ½ cup finely chopped Carrots/Gajar
- ½ cup sliced Mushrooms
- ½ cup chopped Capsicum/Bell pepper
- ¼ cup finely chopped French beans
- ¼ cup finely chopped Onion or 1 small onion (spring onions can also be added in place of onions)
- 2 tsp finely chopped Celery (optional)
- 1 tsp finely chopped Garlic/Lahsun
- 3 cups Water, 750 ml
- ½ tsp Black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Salt as required
- Rinse and shred the cabbage.
- Rinse, wipe and then slice the mushrooms. Chop the bell pepper.
- Rinse and finely chop the French beans. also finely chop the onions & garlic
- Heat oil in a pan. Add onions and garlic. Sauté till the onions are translucent.
- Then add the chopped mix veggies. Stir well.
- Sauté on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the moong sprouts and stir well. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add water and stir.
- The add black pepper and salt. stir again
- Cover the pan and simmer the soup for 10 to 11 minutes on a low to medium flame.
- Then check the seasonings and add more salt or black pepper if required.
- Serve the soup plain or accompanied with some boiled noodles or steamed rice.
Even with my wife, I find sharing soup is hard – Wallace Shawn (American actor, playwright, and essayist)
So go ahead and grab a bowl of Souuuupppp.